Advising for Sociology Majors
Welcome to Mason's Sociology Program!
Human rights. Global justice. Cities. Social Change. Gender. Race. Media. Crime. Economy. Inequality. Youth culture. And even Happiness.
Frankly, there’s a lot to think about in sociology. The “old” sociology was America-centric, the “new” sociology is global – either way the field grapples with the defining issues of our time.
We look forward to working with you during your studies and encourage you to meet with your SOAN academic advisor and the Undergraduate Director regularly - at least once per semester. In addition to assisting with course selection, your advisor is available to discuss your:
- Understanding degree requirements
- Running a degree evaluation
- Developing a graduation plan
- Declaring a minor or double major
- Studying abroad
- Pursuing honors in the major
- Applying to accelerated master's or other graduate programs
- Searching for internships
- Preparing for a job search with guidance from University Career Services
- Connecting with program alumni
Schedule an appointment online and be sure to read the advisor's location in your confirmation email. Appointments may not be scheduled less than 24 hours in advance but questions may always be directed to the advisor via email or phone. Learn about your SOAN academic advisor here and your program faculty here.