Honors: Am I eligible and how do I apply?
Prerequisites for Honors Courses:
- Completion of 75 credits, including 21 credits of Sociology and English 302 (for the social sciences and humanities).
- Completion of SOCI 303 and 311 with a grade of B or better.
- An overall GPA of 3.3, with a GPA of 3.5 in Sociology courses.
- Identification of a Sociology faculty sponsor who will mentor you during these two honors courses. To learn more about the Sociology faculty’s interests and research, visit our faculty webpages. You should arrange a meeting with the faculty member who is the best fit for your project and take to that meeting a statement of your research interests. Once you have found a good match, you should be sure that the faculty member is willing to be your sponsor for this two-semester sequence of coursework.
- Submission of the Honors Program Application to our Sociology Undergraduate Program Director Professor Dae Young Kim (who will act as coordinator for enrollment in SOCI 480 and 481), and to your Sociology faculty sponsor.
If you have any questions, please contact our Sociology Undergraduate Program Director Professor Dae Young Kim.